December is our Annual Christmas Party!
Details on the loop.
January 10th Meeting – Diane Kelly
Death and Taxes
A former tax advisor, Diane Kelly inadvertently worked with white-collar criminals. Lest she end up in an orange jumpsuit, Diane decided self-employment would be a good idea. Her fingers hit the keyboard and thus began her “Death and Taxes” romantic mystery series. A graduate of her hometown’s Citizen Police Academy, Diane Kelly also writes the hilarious K-9 cop “Paw Enforcement” series.
Diane’s books have been awarded the prestigious Romance Writers of America Golden Heart® Award and a Reviewers Choice Award.
DEATH AND TAXES:
WHAT EVERY WRITER NEEDS TO KNOW ABOUT FEDERAL INCOME TAXES
In this presentation, you’ll learn:
(1) how to determine if your writing constitutes a business or a hobby;
(2) whether incorporating or forming a limited liability company is right for you;
(3) federal income tax forms relating to your writing business and how to prepare the forms;
(4) business expense deductions, including the options available and the pros and cons of each option;
(5) self-employment taxes – what they are and how to compute them;
(6) estimated taxes;
(7) setting up a retirement plan for your writing business;
(8) record-keeping for your writing business;
(9) an overview of state tax issues; and
(10) tips for hiring a tax preparer and minimizing fees.
Plus, you’ll get the pick the brain of Diane Kelly, an experienced CPA/tax attorney and author of the Death and Taxes romantic mystery series from St. Martin’s Press.